Whale Watching in Sydney
For a truly memorable experience, see the majestic whales along the picturesque Sydney Coast. Thousands of whales migrate annually (during the months of May to November). From Headlands and viewing platforms on the coast and on whale-watching cruises, spot frolicking humpbacks and spy hopping southern rights. In Sydney and its surrounds, there are 38 vantage points on land to watch whales.
Best Places in Sydney Harbour to Spot Whales
- North Head lookout – This amazing lookout provides views across Sydney Harbour National Park. It is one of the Best spots in Sydney for Whale Watching.
- Hornby Lighthouse – The historic Hornby Lighthouse is near Watsons Bay in Sydney Harbour National Park. Walk the simple track to the lighthouse for great whale watching.
- Arabanoo Lookout – Located at Dobroyd Head in Sydney Harbour National Park, Arabanoo offers fantastic views over to North Head and South Head, and the expansive Pacific Ocean beyond, making it an ideal spot for whale watching.
- South Head – There’s no shortage of lookouts at South Head in Sydney Harbours’ National Park. The Gap offers some of Sydney’s finest views and fantastic opportunities for spotting some marine mammals.
- Shark Island – With its lush grassy terrain, picnic shelters and a large spacious gazebo and breath-taking 360-degree views, while not as a common place to see whales, the Island is a great vantage point to spot whales popping into the Harbour during the migration season.
Oz Whale Watching Experience
At Oz Whale Watching, we offer the most value packed whale watching cruises in all of Sydney, that we guarantee will be fun for people of all ages.
Our Whale watching tours are run during the peak of whale migration from May to November so you have the best chance of sighting some of these amazing marine mammals.
You will also receive either a hot breakfast or BBQ buffet lunch included in the cost of your experience.
Each person will receive;
- The Whale Watching experience with full live commentary, learn interesting facts about whales and their habitat
- Sydney Harbour Cruise with full commentary of Sydney Harbour and its surrounds.
- Either a hot breakfast or BBQ lunch depending on which cruise you choose, as you ride down the harbour on your way to see the whales
- Passionate crew who love what they do and can’t wait to give you an awesome experience
- Free return trip if you don’t see whales (conditions apply)